I discovered Shakshuka at a local eatery back in November and have been hooked ever since. It’s perfect, comforting stay-at-home food & you most likely have the ingredients in the house already!
It’s a middle eastern dish of eggs poached in a spicy tomato sauce & it makes you feel all warm & happy inside!
I first had it served in an individual cast iron skillet with crusty bread and falafel on the side (at the cafe) which was awesome but I didn’t have falafel so I swapped in roasted mini potatoes and that was pretty darn good too!
- 2 T Olive Oil
- 1/2 of a Red Onion chopped
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 Red Pepper chopped
- 1 t Ground Cumin
- 1/2 t Paprika
- 1/8 t Red Pepper Flakes
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 28 oz. Can Chopped Tomatoes
- 1/4 can Tomato Paste
- 2-6 Eggs
- Small white potatoes for roasting
- Crusty bread, toasted
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add chopped onion, garlic and red pepper, saute until soft.
- Add spices and mix to blend.
4. Add tomatoes and tomato paste, stir and simmer over medium heat for
5. While tomato mixture cooks, wash & cut potatoes in half, season with
kosher salt & pepper and preheat Air Fryer.
6. Using the back of a spoon, make a depression in the tomato sauce and
break an egg into it, repeat with each egg.
7. Sprinkle sea salt & pepper over eggs and cover pan to help eggs cook.
8. While eggs cook, roast potatoes in Air Fryer for 7-10 minutes on 375,
and toast bread.
9. When whites are set and yolks are still runny spoon eggs & sauce into a
bowl (you can garnish with parsley, cilantro, cheese etc. but I leave it
10. Serve with toast and roasted potatoes.
Download printable recipe here!
- Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2021 ~ My Top Picks By Category!
- Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Haul + Try-On!
- Amazon Prime Day! Best Home + Fashion Deals + My Top Picks!
- OmniLux LED Mask ~ 3 Month Results! Before & After Face, Neck, & Hand!
- Casual Affordable Summer Outfit Try-On!
All Rights Reserved © 2020, Hot & Flashy, LLC
FTC: Not Sponsored. All opinions are always 100% honest and my own. Links are affiliate links. If you click a link and buy something, I receive a commission for the sale. It doesn’t cost you anything extra and you are free to use the link or not as you choose. If you do use my links, I appreciate your support.